Listing of SPD Overview Papers
Severe Plastic Deformation
(SPD) is an approach that refines grains and other structural features through
plastically deformig materials to a very large strain.
- R.Z. Valiev, R.K. Islamgaliev, I.V. Alexandrov, "Bulk Nanostructured Materials from Severe Plastic Deformation," Prog. Mater. Sci. 45 (2000) 103-189.
- M. Furukawa, Z. Horita, M. Nemoto, T.G. Langdon, "Review: Processing of Metals by Equal-Channel Angular Pressing," J. Mater. Sci. 36 (2001) 2835-2843.
- T.C. Lowe and Y.T. Zhu, “Commercialization of Nanostructured Metals Produced by Severe Plastic Deformation Processing,” Advanced Engineering Materials, 5, 373-378 (2003).
- Y.T.Zhu and D.P. Butt, “Nanomaterials by Severe Plastic Deformation,” Encyclopedia of Nanotechnology, American Scientific Publishers, Stevenson Ranch, CA, volume 6, 2004, pp. 843-856.
- Y.T. Zhu and T.G. Langdon, “Fundamentals of Nanostructured Materials by Severe Plastic Deformation” JOM, 58-63 (Oct. 2004).
- T.C. Lowe and R.Z. Valiev, “The Use of Severe Plastic Deformation Techniques in Grian Refinement ” JOM, 64-68 (Oct. 2004).
- S.L. Semiatin, A.A. Salem and M.J. Saran, “Models for Severe Plastic Deformation by Equal-Channel Angular Extrusion, ” JOM, 58-63 (Oct. 2004).
- A. Rosochowski, "Processing metals by severe plastic deformation", Solid State Phenomena 101-102 (2005), 13-22.
- R.Z. Valiev, Y. Estrin, Z. Horita, T.G. Langdon, M.J. Zehetbauer, and Y.T. Zhu, “Producing Bulk Ultrafine-Grained Materials by Severe Plastic Deformation,” JOM. 58 (4), 33-39 (2006).
- R.Z. Valiev, Y. Estrin, Z. Horita, T.G. Langdon, M.J. Zehetbauer, and Y.T. Zhu, “Fundamentals of Superior Properties in Bulk nanoSPD Materials,” Mater. Res. Lett., 4, 1-21 (2016).